Friday Flailing


  • OTTER attacks woman - Believe it, Otter bit the hand of a woman, the bites are said to be "significant".  Most believe Otter was protecting family members.  Warning signs around where Otter attacked have been posted.. ok, that last one seemed too awkward (TFM).  This is not our Governor Otter but an actual otter outside of Yellowstone.  Unless the lady was attempting to feed the otter, why would she get that close?  Holey story here.


  • Killing a monkey carries a heavier sentence than robbing a bank!  Yes, the Zoo Boise monkey caveman killer (with a stick) received 7 years, while a bank robber in Jackson gets 6.  I think the judge went soft after the mouth breather, Corey Donaldson, claimed he gave most of the $140K to the homeless.  Donaldson spent $124,000 in 23 days, I'm sure he made a lot of drug dealers' day.





Why is there a $24K difference? OK guys.. who bought the premium packaged Honda Civic Si.


  • Former Pocatello Fire Department employee (unverified), Nathan (Nate) Hanson rolled his Chevy while heading north on I-15 around Blackfoot yesterday.  Unfortunately he didn't have a seatbelt, I wish him a speedy recovery, no clue on his current status.  Having rolled my car, the airbag + seatbelt combo are worth their weight in gold.
  • What is a berm and why have I not heard it before?  I bet there's another term for it in Texas.
  • I spilled a drink on my desk last night.  Not having an absorbent material within arms reach, I resorted to a used diaper.  It was only lightly used.  Pee used, not poo used.  It's amazing how low my sanitation standards have dropped after taking care of a baby.
  • Headline on Drudge - "Defense makes final case".  Finally, the Zimmerman trial is nearing it's end.  If he's found not guilty, his life is ruined and we'll all watch for the riot news.  If guilty, his life is ruined.  I've spent too much time on this "story" already.
  • Ok, one more tidbit.  On one of the few AM stations we get here in IF, the Glenn Beck program was on.  They were talking about the riots taking place in bigger cities rather than the small Florida town the trial is being held in.  Sarcastically, one of them randomly selected that the riots would happen in Pocatello.  Do one of these guys have a connection there or was it just a random comedic place to name?
  • Update: The Wal-Mart "walk-by dump liquid on lady's leg" person's substance has been identified.  The substance was semen.  *I try to keep this blog clean when possible, but I didn't want to leave a story incomplete.
  • One less person on The View.  Now for the rest to follow suit..  please.
  • Forget anything you've heard about being allowed to carry pocket knives on an airplane.  The TSA is back to making you pick a trash can to aim for.
  • 18+ Million viewers worldwide, over $8 Million in prize money, over 10,000 in the stands and taking place in the Staple's Center (home of LA Lakers).  What am I talking about?  A video game competition, specifically one by the name of League of Legends.  Professional gaming is big time.  When I say big time, I mean a big waste of time by these millions chasing their dream "job" of getting money to play a game.
  • Award for earliest completed post.

No comments: