Tuesday Twist-Off


  • Bryan Smith was recruited by the website: www.primarymycongressman.com.  Wanting to run and running on your own shows courage and is admirable.  Being asked by a website with a lot of money leaves a bad taste.
  • This is a new one - Weiner dog races at Emerald downs in Washington.  I wanted to help Washington out by blaming the hippy migration since the marijuana laws passed, but then I read "16th Annual".  Now I know why the law passed in the first place.
  • Tragic: Southwestern ID - A 6 year old hung himself on a freezer door handle while the mother and step-father were in the shower.  His older sister found him.  I don't even want to imagine this ever happening, condolences to the family. Story.
  • Head Scratcher: Panama - A North Korean container ship captain must have mis-translated the belief of a captain going down with his ship with, a captain going down with his shipment.  The shipment was "sophisticated missle equipment," vague I know.  He failed to be a transporter and failed at suicide.  I wonder how he tried to hara kari himself, maybe it was true Japan style hara kari even though he worked for N. Korea. Story.
  • Speaking to Radio Panama (and the world) Pres. Martinelli "Braveheart"edly said "The world needs to sit up and take note: you cannot go around shipping undeclared weapons of war through the Panama Canal".  
  • The fumes I mentioned last night surprised me with the worst hangover-like headache today. I've had worse, but not without good times being had the night before.
  • The national debt is..  frozen?  For 56 days says cnsnews.  They also say that if it increases by $25 milllion then the US will default. Looking at the national debt ticker, it shows well above the $25 million increase.  Obama wants to spend more money than he's allowed.
  • I met one of my neighbors today.  I see him out mowing and he waves as he passes me while I'm running.. seems like a nice guy.  In our first conversation he says, "I'm not a very good person".  Not knowing him I just said, "Don't be so hard on yourself".  I'm a little intrigued now as to how bad of a person he is/was.  Maybe a dinner invite is in order.
  • Bizarre:  Post Falls fellow flies from forwarding flesh into fast freight.  Seldom do you (I) hear someone running into the side of a moving train.  Hara kari again. Story
  • State District Judge Tom Greenwell was shot in the head, in his chambers, yesterday in Corpus Christi, Tx.  Under investigation by county sheriff's office.  No suspects yet, but the article does point out that attorney's, judges, and media reps don't have to pass through security checkpoints.
  • I accidentally dipped my heel into the bowl of vinegar under my desk (to get rid of the smell).  Curious what it would do to my skin, I looked it up.  Turns out it's good for the skin.  Now I'm thinking - if I should dip the other one in to make them symmetric and if I don't dip the other one, will it cause knee or back problems from uneveness. tfm
  • Mayor in Port Angeles, Washington awoken by "terrrorizing" special-ops choppers.  Asks for apology.  Story
  • Yahoo is capitalizing on Snowden's leaks.  Classified court filings that prove Yahoo at least attempted to deny the government access to their users will be partially released by the end of the month.  

No comments: