Wednesday Whims

  • It seems I was ahead of the curve on this one. Yesterday, when I asked about the poo cleaning schedule, it appears I was not alone. The lady mentioned that "they" were trying to do something about the geese problem.
  • I like the geese, they aren't hostile and it's amazing how comfortable they are in close proximity to humans (inches). 
  • If you want to feed the geese at the Greenbelt, then plan on doing that sooner than later (after the Friday cleaning would be ideal).
  • Local News 8 reported this on May 15th, but the Post Register has the latest. They spoke to the Parks and Recreation Director, Greg Weitzel and commissioner, John Parsons. Weitzel is for the removal of all birds -50, (how he came up with that number I don't know) and says, "You can't even walk around down there". On the other side of.. the.. poo? is Parsons. To pull a quote from the Post Register's article beautifully written by Christina Lords, Parson's says "We moved to this city, in part for the greenbelt and the geese..". 

  • Firecracker 5k is tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was your run?
~A

Unknown said...

The Firecracker was great, I finished 97th overall with a time of 22:19! Almost a minute slower than 2011, but I enjoyed the crowds (even if they are there waiting for the parade).