Mashed Monday

Mmmm..  jerky jobs!

Nothing quite like chewing on flavored dried up animal flesh.. then spending the next hour or so trying to dig it all out of your teeth (I really do love jerky).  I haven't tried Golden Valley's jerky yet but after watching their video, I now believe that when I eat their jerky I'll be teleported to the back of a wagon heading west.




  • Golden Valley Natural's new processing plant in Shelley will be ready in August.
  • 300 jobs (plus or minus 100) will need to be filled
    • The majority of these will probably require a High School diploma
      • Which is good news since 62% of their pop. over 25 have High School diplomas.
      • 6.4% unemployment (city-data.com)
    • "200-400 jobs"? That's quite the range, couldn't be any more precise?
full story here from local news 8.





  • This blog took longer than I anticipated to prepare everything and get to posting. Still more changes to make, "widgets" to add, tweak formatting, fun stuff though.
  • Snowden : I refer to him as Snow Splinter, not only for being the huge rat that he is but a pain in the US's backside as well (double points). If you are entrusted by anyone (especially your government) to keep secrets, KEEP the secret.. secret. Were these really that big of secrets? What did everyone think Cyber-Warfare meant? If your email can be used against you in court, then there has to be a log kept right? If you want to keep a secret, keep it off the internet, that's nothing new.
  • Reason for Request of Asylum: I ratted on my country. Who's defense budget is around $689 Billion. I scared! 
  • After being a new dad for 6 months:
    • I can pour 6 ounces of water in a bottle by sound.
    • I can open a bottle of water with one hand (holding my son in the other).
    • Lacking a third arm, I use my toes more and more like fingers (don't worry I clean them daily, and not just stand in the soapy water).
  • I ran yesterday along the beautiful Greenbelt. One thing though, there's only so many places to step without landing in poo! Eventhough I have to knock the dog/geese fecies off my shoes afterwards, it is still worth it (too far?). Going to find out the cleaning schedule there so I can time my next run.
  • BS is out for the week, being alone (with my son) in the house is calming.
  • If Wikileaks is working with Splinter, and leaky head Julian Assange's whereabouts are known, can't we just call in Jack Bauer? Next we'll hear that anonymous is helping him out too.
  • Speaking of which, the New York Times says he is! Too bad it's not starting until May of next year though. I loved that show. If you're into "intense" action and cliffhangers.. and can wait a week between shows, then jump in. Otherwise wait till it's over and watch it all at once.
  • Encampment was quite the experience for the 13 year old in the house. Let's just say there were certain expectations from the other kids and adults that were far from met.
  • 68-32 vote on immigration reform bill, Crapo voted no. Illegals will have to learn English to return, I like that part but how well will they have to know it? I want to see the test.
  • How would the Democratic party benefit from making 10.8 million illegals, legal? Hmmm..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new site look. The content is great also...

Unknown said...

Thank you. Let me know if you have any suggestions.